March 06, 2010

OMG

As in, OH MI-Gaaas! I made the Migas recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I have to say I have been putting it off. I like omelets and scrambles, but they just aren't my first choice for dinner. By the end of the meal I was wondering why I had put it off. It was fabulous! I was singing a little Migas song in my head.

Here's how it goes: "If you like Migaaas like I like Migaaaas laaalala hmmmhmmmlala"



I love ALL things Tex-Mex, so I should have known.

Now I keep saying "Oh Migas, really?", "Oh MIgas! you didn't?!", and finally.....

"OH MIGAS, I get to go away for the week end!" Now I am really singing the migas song. What does migas mean? PAUSE....long uncomfortable pause...where the heck has she gone pause...............................................................crumbs?

That's what google translator says migas means, crumbs. So, I guess, that makes sense. Because you are basically are putting crumbs of corn tortillas in with your eggs.

But saying "Oh Crumbs! I get to go to a women's retreat to one of my favorite places on earth does not sound like a good thing. Does it? I guess if you are a mouse.

I love my family...you know how much I love them...but I do love to get away with my girlie friends, and refuel myself, so that is what I am doing this weekend.

I will share with you my weekend experience real soon.

LUV ya!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Migas is one of my favorite meals. I dream about migas. Fortunately, I was able to get some really, really good migas while we were in Chicago. And now I want more ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, where oh where did you get the yummy migas in Chi-town? Please share...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for the recipe here? Did I get signed up for your copy giveaway in the right place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was at Uncle Julio's on W. North Ave. It is a chain but I liked it. The migas was on their brunch menu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to serve for our family reunion this year. It's a three day week-end and we all take turns cooking meals...this should really "wow" them all...tfs...gail...

    ReplyDelete
  6. this the right place, if you comment on any Pioneer Woman post you get your name in the drawing for a signed cookbook by Ree of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of Migas, but it looks so good I may have to try them real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, like Tina, had not heard of MIGAS before the Sheila and REE project. I love mexi cuisine so I am excited to try these out. It will have to be when I am with my sister and mom, huge MEXI food lovers, b/c my girls are not so crazy about it. I wonder if they where switched @ birth somehow...but boy, o boy, they so look like their dad...they have to be mine. Must be his bad genes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I FINALLY made migas a few weeks back! For some reason I thought they would be more difficult to make. I'm bad about following recipes, so I had to put my strange twist to it, but it was SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks interesting. My family loves eggs for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack so I guess I will have to try this one!
    Jenn in PA

    ReplyDelete