June 03, 2010

cobb GUACamole

As in Cobb Salad. Big D mentioned to me she saw a guacamole on the show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate", that had blue cheese and bacon in it. I have NOT been able to get my mind off it. I have been obsessed with it. Salivating more than my golden retriever......

When Big D mentioned it too me... I said, "OOOO Yummy" and she said "oh yeh kinda like a Cobb Salad thing".

I did the major google recipe search...searched all my favorite recipe sites...no one had the bacon blue cheese guac. I couldn't find it on the Food Network site either....you will probably go right there and find it....because that is so typical. I can't find it...someone else looks and alas there it is....

Anyway....I came up with my own version. Tested it out on some very adventurous girlfriends....I must add the husband were COMPLETE and utter wimps and would not go near it. What's up with that? Too macho for blue cheese? Hey there is bacon in here dudes. Ah forget um, all the more for us.

I think they liked it because we finished off a whole family sized bag of Scoops chips!



Here's what you will need.

Cobb Guac
3 avocados
1 small sweet onion diced medium
1 large roma tomato (2 if small) diced
1 cup canned corn (sweet no salt added type) drained

dressing
1 clove garlic minced
6 leaves fresh basil finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh ground pepper as much as you like
a dash of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar

the good stuff
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
4 slices thick cut bacon fried up crispy

1. Mix the avocado, onion, corn and tomato together in medium sized bowl

2. Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the avocados and mix around squishing the avocados a little as you do.

3. Just before serving sprinkle blue cheese on top and then sprinkle crumbled bacon and VOILA!

I realize that I left out the egg.....that's my least favorite part of the Cobb Salad. So I did that on purpose, and it just didn't seem to jive with my dip.

This is FABULOUS when you take some romaine lettuce and slice up a piece of grilled chicken lay it on top of the lettuce and then put a extremely generous dollop of Cobb Guacamole on top.

OR you can just sit your butt in a lawn chair with a bag of tortilla chips and the guac and go to town.


Here it is coming straight for my pie hole........YUM!





Enjoy!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.lopezonlee.com

    Check out their menu! I think you might need to make a road trip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy I think you are right! I DO have to make a road trip. OH MY GOODNESS.... and Cleveland is very doable from Mi. Thanks for the tip!
    : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it that you came up with your own version! I am sure it is fabulous...you know you always have a compainion for your "food adventures!" Hey, we need to do the Chicago walking food tour this summer or even in the fall when we are a little less busy...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to try this one very soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sheila! It's posted on my blog. Thanks so much!
    Ashley

    http://ashleyscookingadventures.blogspot.com/2010/07/cobb-guacamole.html

    ReplyDelete