October 26, 2009

Bread PUddin

Oh my I am so stuffed.  Why do I do this to myself.  One reason I think it's better for me to eat out is because I eat then I walk away. I leave the building.  Now I am telling myself  "walk away , walk away, walk away from the bread pudding."  I finally put it in the frig. 
Grandpa was coming over so I got caught up cooking this afternoon.....I am not complaining.  Its my favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon.  We had pulled pork tacos, guac, fresh salsa AND chocolate chip bread pudding.  Luke says he wants it instead of birthday cake this year.  UH huh me too!
So next time you dont use all your french bread or if ya just want to buy french bread and let it sit around for a day or two.  Make bread pudding! 
1loaf french bread
4 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
cut the bread in cubes and then soak in milk
4eggs
2cups sugar
2Tbl vanilla (yes lotso vanilla)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice (or maybe a smidge less)
-mix this all together well and then add to the bread and milk mixture
-melt 1/2 stick butter, pour into bottom of 9x13 pan spread around and up the sides
-add 1cup or so chocolate chips to bread mixture
then pour into pan
bake at 350 for 1hour
let sit for 1/2 hour
YUMMY!

You can make whip cream and dop it on there or put hershey syrup on it.  I have to confess that I am a whip cream snob.  I have been known to buy Cool Whip, but not usually.  The REAL thing is the ONLY way to go.  Please, I beg of you take the time to whip your cream add a few tablespoons of sugar and a dash o' vanilla and voilla! Yumminess, to top your bread pudding with.

2 comments:

  1. Ok - now I am upset that we didn't know about Sunday's dinner with dad! You conveniently left out the menu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulled pork taco's...from PW? Are they good?~DF

    ReplyDelete