October 24, 2009

This IS the Day.....

"This is the day the Lord has made so let us be glad and rejoice in it"  I wish I was a scripture memorizing guru, but I am not. I have tried to be.  Some of it does stick, I just cant always remember where to go back and find it.  I did find the above verse for you its in Psalm 118.  I had a big reminder this week about life, and how I so often waste today by dwelling on yesterday or thinking about what I need to get done tomorrow or next week.  I waste toDAY by making lists for tomorrow or even for Christmas.  (which is only 62 days away!!!!!) Sorry hope I don't freak anybody out over that revelation!  But what I am trying to say is each day could be our last.  God has our days numbered he knew before I was born the day I would be born and the day I would die.  So am I making the most of today?  Am I rejoicing in this day that I have given or am I mentally spinning over whether I ordered the right boots from Zappos.... will they last me a couple years? will they stay in style long enough to justify the price?  Aaargh!  My prayer today is that I live and love like there is no tomorrow. 

My reminder regretfully came from the sudden death of a mother I knew... not well but I knew her.  She was always smiling and she seemed to be enjoying life, each day the Lord gave her. She always took to the time to say hi! and ask how my family was doing when ever I ran into her. 

This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and make the most of it!

In memory of Mary Lee.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this reminder! I need this nudge every once and awhile!~DF

    ReplyDelete