February 17, 2011

RoadTRIP

On the road again, I can't wait to be on the road again, the life I love is being stuck in a mini van with my kids...I can't wait to be on the road again!

Truly, I love being on the road with my family. As you can see they are all engrossed in the company of one another. This was after five minutes on the road. Three of them are actually interacting via Nintendo DS, and the fourth is catching up on his Calvin and Hobbes reading. What ever happened to the "sign game" or "license plate bingo"? I will admit they do get a kick out of making goofy faces at other commuters, and acting like they have lost their minds, by wiggling so much the van rocks. So I guess not all the car road trip antics of the past have been totally lost to modern technology. Although I did just pop in "The Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie", no road trip is quite complete with out a viewing of it or Nacho Libre. They make for great dinner conversation.

Some of the most repeated movie lines:
"We're on a baby hunt, and don't think we don't know how to weeeeed um out..."

" You don't need a license to drive a sandwich."

"Chancho, I need to borrow some sweeeats."

"I was wandering if you would like to come to my quarters, this night, for some toast?"


So where are we headed? Oxford, Ohio. I know, I know you're thinkin', "these people are real vacation thrill seekers!" Yeh, I know we like to live life on the edge. We decided to go all out for the kids mid-winter break!

Actually, we were planning on going skiing this weekend, but unfortunately my oldest son broke his humerus....which actually is not humorous! (Sorry I couldn't help myself.) He broke it while snowboarding last weekend, on a youth group retreat. So we changed gears and decided to take a trip to Oxford...which is where Kenny went to under-grad, at Miami of Ohio University. Go REDHAWKS! It's a quaint little town just 45 minutes north-westish of Cincinnati. So we'll show the kids their fathers old stompin' grounds, go into Cincinnati, check out the Creation Museum, and then head our butts home in time for the All-Star Basketball Game, which I promised my son he would be home in time to watch with his buds. Oh the life of a teenager!

So that's what I'm up to this week end, pretty much!

I feel like I haven't shared a recipe with you in a while. With the Week of Luv last week, I got a little behind...well I wish my behind had become little last week! (No such luck!) I did some cookin' last week, I will share that yummy goodness with you soon. Next week I am hosting my, Cowgirl Dinner Party, which I did for the first time when I cooked my way through P-dubs cookbook. So I will be busy preparing for that, this year I feel like I need to step it up a notch. I can't wait!!!

Right now I need to get back to co-piloting we need to find our lunch spot....weeese gettin' hungry! I think we are going to try to find the Liberty Diner in Fort Wayne. Have you ever been there? I'll let you know how it is.

What are you doing this weekend?

Luv,

Sheila

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to see P-dub tomorrow night in Cinci? Glad Noah is doing okay! Supposed to be skiing this weekend too...well you know that story! Drive safe and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are actually on a bit of a road trip of our own, but in the opposite direction as your fam. We are in Traverse City at the Great Wolf Lodge for the first time. I would highly recommed it!! We've explored town and have tried different quaint places to eat. It's actually our first family vacAtion that doesn't include sleeping in something that has wheels (we're big campers). I love mid-winter break!!!!
    Enjoy your family va-ca and have safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my children were younger,they would love being on the road to listen to all their favorite story tapes (not many cd's at the time) :) Brings back sweet memories! |Thank you, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete