February 03, 2011

White Hot Chocolate....it's a REAL treat!

A few inches of snow landed here in West Michigan! Yes-sirreee. Today is the second day off school. I love snow days. The kids played outside all day. The dog recieved some much needed attention...see he's playing King of the Doggy Mountain. And I kept the hot chocolate and snacks replenished.



Ah, to be young and so resilient. Just looking outside makes my hip ache, and I walk around the house in my winter coat....if I actually go outside I have to don about 5 layers of cloths. Why is it that the more fat I actually layer on under my skin, the colder I am all the time? Is there a physiological reason for that? My husband couldn't answer that questions.....

I felt like switching it up in the Hot Coco Department. My girl friend and work out accountability partner, Tina, gave me this recipe. It's deadly. It is so creamy, smooth, and rich you will want to bathe in it. Now why Tina when you know I am trying to loose weight would you share such a dastardly fattening drink with me....I'm gonna pinch you on Friday girl!

Here is what you will need:



4 cups of whole milk
3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 cup sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
2 cups of white chocolate chips

In a medium sized sauce pan add all the above ingredients together. Stir continuously on low heat until chips start to melt, then turn up the heat a little bit, whisk until everything is melted and completely Incorporated into a smooth swirling pan of delicious hot, sweetness! Never let it come to a boil, you don't want the sugar to burn on the bottom and ruin the smooth flavor.

I whipped up some heavy whipping cream to top it off, a dollop of marshmallow cream would have been super yummy too! Or just some marshmallows for that matter. I think your kids will enjoy this version of Hot Chocolate.




Some of the kiddos were resistant to change....hmmm imagine that!!! So I did make some Swiss Miss, YO-da-La-DEE-who! They ended up mixing the two together, and I put the leftovers in a small pitcher in the frig and used it in my coffee this morning. Oh yeah baby, it was TDF.

So much for the diet. Two days of the kids home from school and my three weeks of watching what I eat and exercising harder, just went right down the toidy. There is always tomorrow right?

Hope where ever you are you are having a Sweet DAy!

Luv Ya,

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Yum Shelia.....my boys love Hot Chocolate and I can't wait to try this little tasty number on them!!!!!! Thanks for sharing and stay warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,
    you are killin' me! I had my first cup of starbucks hot cocoa yesterday with the kids since I started working out and it was so good! This looks amazing. As much as I love snow days, it is not good for my waistline having these kids home and munching with them all day on yummy snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how delicious! I live in Southern California so you wouldn't think we have a need for this sort of thing in the winter, but I have to tell you... it's been CHILLY! I need a cup of this to warm me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is your work-out accountability partner not your diet accountability partner. lol. I need one of both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made this and i think the sugar is unessecary, the wc chips make it sweet enough! This is a great drink though, so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete