September 24, 2010

Anniversary

Today, Kenny and I are celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary. Sixteen years ago....sheesh-Louise, where has the time gone. Look at us...

Cutting that gorgeous cake, not a care in the world. That was some cake. I was all about the cake. I think everybody thought I had lost my marbles because I was more concerned with the flavor of the cake than the meal. It was chocolate, dark chocolate with 4 different fillings. It was amazing.

Speaking of amazing, look at my new husband there. Wasn't he handsome in his grey pinstriped tuxedo and ginormous saucer glasses. Goodness gracious, I thought he was so sexy. Little did I know he would only get better with time.....yup. And what's up with the skinny chic, golly feed her some cake! Who is that brawd?! Four kids and a lot of good eats later, I do not have the skinny thing going on.

I made everyone wear Groucho Marx glasses for pictures. What the bride wants the bride gets...heh, I thought it would be funny. I am all about dessert (the cake) and a good laugh (Groucho glasses). To this day...I am still the same. Dessert and giggles. Everyone was a good sport and had fun with it, at least I think they did. Did I ever thank you all for wearing the glasses? I love you guys....thanks for wearing the Groucho Glasses for me.

After our wedding we spent the next two weeks traveling the North Eastern states. I have a great lobster trap story I should tell you some time. Oh yeh, and another story about an incident on the beach......mmmhmmm.

Yesterday I went looking for our wedding pictures. I couldn't find them. I was a bit frantic, causing me to take the dog for a walk and come home and write this. Then late last night I found them. Thank goodness.

My super Hunk of a husband has off today. We are going to spend the whole dag-nab day together. First, something yummy for breakfast...then on to visit Kens grandma, she's 96 so sweet can't wait to see her. She was married to the love of her life for over 60 years! Grandpa passed a few years back makes my heart ache for her. We will have to get some tips from Grandma on how to make our marriage last 60+years. Then later we will check out ArtPrize, and grab something to eat, of course.

Have a good day!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Sheila! Hope you and your hubby have a fantastic day. Someday you are gonna have to tell me what all those fillings were! I'm always on the lookout for new ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Sheila to you and your other half :)
    Thank you for sharing photos of your beautiful day...have a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! Love the pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Anniversary to my sweet friends. I hope your day was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy anniversary! love those Groucho Marx glasses...what a super cute idea. hope you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete