September 28, 2010

Kale Chips



Kale Chips
1 bunch Kale
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt
preheat oven to 300 degrees


Wash and dry kale. Pull leaves off the stems, into chunks about as big as the palm of your hand or smaller


Place in bowl. Drizzle with olive oil until each leaf is lightly coated.


Now sprinkle with sea salt or kosher salt, to your liking. I prefer my chips on the salty side. But that's my problem. Not yours so salt your kale as you wish. My son who likes spicy even suggested that a little red pepper flake would be good on here too. Maybe next time.


Toss around in bowl with your hands.



Now lay it out in an even layer on cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes at 300 degrees.

Now sit back relax and prepare yourself for a life changing experience.

Okaaaay...whatcha think? Well it didn't win everyone over in my family, but most of them. Of course my oldest daughter with the palate of a seasoned chef chowed on it. I hope, if you have feelings for kale like I do, you will give this a try and let me know, if I have made a believer out of you.

Happy kales to you....until we meeet again...

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I made kale chips several times this summer and loved them! My suggestion for the non-believers...sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese before baking - this is how I got my teenage son to actually eat kale chips!!

    ReplyDelete