September 20, 2010

W A R

This past weekend while my boys were off watching the Michigan State vs. Notre Dame game, the girls and I stopped at the W. A. R. Chest Boutique to browse around. WAR stands for Women At Risk.

Women At Risk, International (WAR, Int’l) is a nonprofit organization established to place circles of protection around women at risk. The purpose and passion of this organization is to wrap arms of love around women and children, whispering the message that they were created for purpose and dignity. Creating safe places for women and children rescued from many abuses including human trafficking/sexual slavery, WAR, Int’l desires to give voice to their silenced cries.

The store is less than five miles from our home, and we are so blessed to have it. It is a beautiful shop, full of amazing jewelry, clothing, paper products, purses, and coffee. ( All made by disadvantaged women or those rescued from traffickers.) I am sure there are somethings that I missed. You are welcome to check it out for yourself. You don't need to live in this area you can shop online.

Here is what we bought Saturday.


My oldest daughter fell in love with this bracelet. Isn't it beautiful? Alot of work went into making this precious piece. Also, beside many of the pieces of jewelry and clothing is given the story of the women who made it. All of these women/children that have stories that will just blow your mind.


There was also a whole section full of cards and stationary. I couldn't pass these cards up.


Each one handmade. Look at the detail that went into every butterfly.


Then I couldn't believe my eyes. A strawberry purse. My littlest spotted it first. Of course I couldn't say no. It's a strawberry purse for heavens sakes! It's not everyday you see a strawberry shaped purse. Look closely at the detail of the tiny seeds. It is adorable. She has worn it everywhere since we bought it, it's full of all sorts of good eight year old kinda stuff.


And for me. Coffee. They have a special coffee pot there that grinds and brews individual cups of coffee for customers to try. This one was nice and bold. I like me a coffee that the spoons stands up in. They also carry the Kopi Luwak coffee. I passed on trying that one out. Remember from the movie the Bucket List? I also spotted several pairs of ear rings and some lounging pants that I think I really need. My little gal, actually pointed out the "lounging pants" and said, "hey mommy these would be good blogging pants."! I think she is absolutely right.

W.A.R. International is a wonderful organization. I hope you check out their site. I think I speak for many when I say, we as American women do not realize "what a good thing we have", it is so easy to take for granted our freedom as women to do anything and everything we want, with out fear. I am so thankful everyday that I can bring my girls up in a country where they have no restrictions put on them.

Remember the women/and children, around the world, in need of our prayers and support.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love W.A.R....I need to have a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a party on 10/12 at 7pm - you ladies are more than welcome to come and join us!

    ReplyDelete