September 14, 2010

Mac-n-Cheese redo


I know I have already posted this recipe before. But I love it so much I felt the need to share it again. This is what we had for dinner tonight. I realize there are a few ingredients, but the base is the cream and the cheese. You can even switch out the cheeses if you don't have all of them. That's what I love about this recipe you can really make it your own. Don't have snow peas, then use asparagus or green beans. It is a best seller at the Green Well one of my favorite spots to eat out. It is consistently yummy there. Even though I make it at home, I still order it there. If I don't order it and somebody else does be sure that my fork will be coming in the direction of their plate. It is so good.

CAUTION: this recipe is full of bacon and cream and cheese, OH yeh baby it is sooo good.

So here it is again.

Green Well Mac-n-Cheese Ingredient list:
1 cup ham diced in smallish cubes
4 slices of bacon fried up crunchy
2 cups of the roasted chicken (I personally like the dark meat its more flavorful)
2 big cloves of garlic minced
2 cups of mini bella mushrooms (or what ever you have on hand) sliced
2 cups snow peas
1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil chopped OR 1tsp dry basil
1 tsp fresh thyme OR 1/2 tsp dry thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
***I didn't use any salt, because I think the ham and bacon are salty enough but if you are a salty person go for it!
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
1/2 cup sharp cheddar shredded
1/2 cup swiss cheese shredded
1/3 of a brick of cream cheese
1/2 box cavatappi pasta (any big ridged pasta would work, you want it to grab onto that sauce!)

And for the full on directions and pictorial click here. Or you could go to Tasty Kitchen. I have some of my recipes there too!

I need to run. Hope you enjoy it!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my...we NEED to do all the classes tonight @ the Y if this is what you enjoyed for dinner. Have any leftovers? YUM.

    ReplyDelete