January 07, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

Okay I did it. I stuck to the recipe word for word...OK I only put 1 3/4 of a cup of chicken stock in, but other than that, I did it. No lie.

I was a little miffed at the thought of cutting up a whole chicken and boiling it and then tearing all the meat off. What, don't they sell boneless, skinless chicken breasts in Oklahoma? But you win Ree. Chicken does taste way better this way, and its less expensive, and I took out some serious aggression on that poor chicken. WOW, that's some good therapy there!

Here is all the stuff you will need for Chicken Spaghetti. It says it serves 6-8, that is generous helpings. It filled my big casserole to the brim.


1 cut-up fryer chicken
1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
1 4oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
1 small onion diced
1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1/8 or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
preheat oven to 350
1. chop up the chicken put in a stock pot with water, bring to a boil cook about 25 minutes
2. remove chicken from water
3. remove 2 cups of broth from the pot and set aside.
4. bring the remaining broth back to a boil and add the spaghetti to the boiling stock. cook it al dente
5.Now mix everything together including the stock, (this is where I left out 1/4 cup of the two cups of stock. **reserve 1/2 cup of cheese for topping the casserole with. Dump it all in a baking dish 9x13. bake for 35-45 minutes.

My kids gave it thumbs up!



post signature

6 comments:

  1. No one in my house eats cheese but me. Can I come to your house for dinner? That looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I would have wanted to be around while the chicken was being used as a therapy tool! Ken, run for cover!

    Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks and sounds fantastic....I may have to talk Steve and Ali into this - they are so not fans of any caseroles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making this tonight, I'll let you know what the clan thinks, I'm gonna cheat and use chicken breasts though:0 signed, sweaty bosoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you use a rotissere(sp) chicken? Thats what I use for chicken salad! Love you Sheila and love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had this recipe for years - and LOVE it!!! Only difference is I use Celery Salt instead of Lawry's and only one can of soup but 1/2 can of broth too. kdynes415@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete