January 01, 2010

Cup O KINDness!

WOW! Where did this year go??? Trying to remember what, when, where and why of 2009. Now that I am 41 years of age my brain is fast failing me. I couldn't remember what I was doing on New Years Day of 2009 if some bad dude had a gun to my head right now. If some of you people out there remember I will not be offended if you feel it necessary to remind me.....I will not be hurt....or feel stupid. If there is anything that I have learned in 2009, is to except my diminishing brain cells, with a big dumb smile on my face. I will go forward. Maybe this is why blogging came to me the year. I turned forty. and friends recommended I start a blog, first of our vacation out west this summer; then it turned into this......I see it now, I see it all very clearly.... this was something that you all saw I needed to do to remember. AAHa! I get it. You saw it before me.....well, THANK YOU! I will be ever grateful to those of you who encouraged me to start blogging this year.

So that I can remember on New Years day of 2011 what the heckter I did today, I will give you and the future me a play by play.

I got up rather late because we had our kids out past 1am, wild and crazy parents that we are.

Then once we got home I couldn't get to sleep because the neighbors dog would not stop barking "auld lang syne", until I very kindly opened the window and asked him to stop singing! Invited by some girlfriends to the movie "Blindside" starring one of my favorite actresses Sandra Bullock, I rushed off to the movie theater, leaving my family in the dust.
Then once home I frantically started to prepare dinner which I am still not done with!

Menu: Roasted Cornish Game Hens, mashed potato's, buttered sweet carrots, crescent rolls, and salad. Voila! AAAaannd my little chef in training Ainslie made lemons bars in the middle of all that, my kitchen look like a blasted tsunami went through it.

These are little game hens. Aren't they cute all tucked in there?

There are alot of fancy shmancy recipes for game hens, but I just treat mine like little roasting chickens. I stuff them with lemons, onions and celery.

Then I make a combo of 1 stick of butter, 1/2tsp celery seed, 4minced garlic cloves, 1tsp poultry seasoning, 1tsp of Morton seasoning salt.

Then I take that smooshed up butter stuff and tuck it under the birdies skins.

Then I cover the whole business with tin foil and put it in the oven at 375 for one hour, after and hour I remove the foil and bake for 45-1hour longer so they get all nice and browned and crunchy skin, and fall apart, yummy!

Take out of the roaster and put on a platter, you can remove all the goodies from the inside, cause it isn't so pleasant to have all that jazz on your plate. Then you can take all the juices from he pan and strain them into a sauce pan to make gravy!

So there you have it! Hey did anyone notice the new improved photography? I got a new camera for Christmas from my family. The photographer today was by Ainslie. Now I have to get to work and get off this blasted computer. While I have been writing the Easy Bake oven has come out and as well as the Snow Cone machine, I am afraid to look around the corner into the kitchen. Deep breath......oh my land it's beyond my wildest nightmare our there.

Okay I will now leave you with a song....since you all know what a great singer I am, here goes....

for auld lang syne my dear
for auld lang syne
we'll take a cup of kindness
for auld lang syne

I know that was the second verse! But I like that one better, I can relate to the cup of kindness...mostly the whole song is like Japanese to me, but I get the cup of kindness thing...
May many cups of KINDness come your way in 2010!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to ask you to sing the song when I see you the next time...I couldn't really "feel" it in type. Love the cornish hen recipe. You keep me inspired girl. YUM!

    ReplyDelete