January 22, 2010

Disappearing Banana Cake


This recipe is compliments of one of my oldest daughters BFF's. It's in our school cookbook. It is so good it literally disappear at our house! I think the secret is the sour cream. I'm telling you sour cream and cream cheese make the world go around!

Sour Cream Banana Bread
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3-4 mashed bananas, approx. 1cup
1 tsp vanilla

optional
1/2 cup chopped pecans
*** our favorite is 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips ****

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the 9x13 pan, or if you want to do it in a loaf pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, add the eggs and mix well. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture. Add the bananas, sour cream , and vanilla; mix well. Fold in the nuts or chips if you choose to add them. (you will be your kids FAVE if you add the chocolate chips!) Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!
We have failed to follow the cool down step, and burned our mouths on this treat....so proceed with caution if you choose to do the same!






post signature

4 comments:

  1. This recipe is a favorite at our house too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmmm. I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... it's the sour cream! We love this recipe too! Thanks to my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...I am printing this recipe off b/c I keep looking it up and after all this time it is harder to find. This is Natalie's favorite and she asked me to make it for her this morning. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete