January 12, 2010

MarMalade Muffins


"Man, I can't believe she just stripped us naked and left us sitting here." "I know this is pretty humiliating!"

These muffins were so yummy, and amazing, I just can't keep them from you. They are from The Pioneer Woman's cookbook....of course. And they are super easy. The hardest part was stripping those little orange guys up there.





Marmalade Muffins:compliments of Ree Drummond a.k.a P-Dub
2 oranges
2 sticks of butter softened
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1. preheat oven to 375
2. begin by grating the zest from the oranges
3. cream the butter and sugar together
4. add eggs to the sugar butter mixture
5. add flour ***do not over mix at this point, mix just until ingredients are combined
6. in a small cup or bowl, combine the buttermilk and baking soda
7. add milk/soda mixture to the batter
8. fold in the orange zest
9. grease muffin tins, not mini, but not huge, just your normal sized muffin tins(I used PAM, she's my friend)
10. fill 2/3 full with batter
11. bake for 12-17 minutes

GLAZE! DO NOT FORGET the GLAZE!
12. now juice the pour little naked oranges, and mix in the cup of
brown sugar with the juice,(it will make them happy). P-Dub says "don't worry about the sugar dissolving in the juice completely. You want the glaze to be grainy and textured."
13. as soon as you take the muffins out of the oven drizzle the glaze generously all over the top.

These things should be outlawed!







If you don't want your kitchen to look like this, then I would advise not baking "sinnamon" rolls, marmalade muffins, and monster cookies all in one afternoon!





Remember there IS a give away going on.....so if you want to win a signed copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook, by Ree Drummond, post a comment and include your full name!


post signature

17 comments:

  1. Those were one of the recipes I wanted to try. Where did you get your zester? I don't have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home with a sick kid today and just checked the pantry and I have all of the above to make these! They look so good! So impressed you made all those baked goods in one day. Yikes. Happy Cooking. Robin Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got the zester at Bed Bath and Beyond, my grandma calls it Bed Bath and Breakfast....do they serve food there? silly grandma.
    sorry to hear you have sick kiddos robin...hang inthere sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the naked oranges talking up top...see how funny she is! Love the look of these...if I only had one to ejoy with my coffee b4 work.....hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to figure out a way to make these and still fit within the Weight Watchers parameters. I hope to make a lower fat/calorie version. Of course, I think I should taste one of yours for comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I don't live closer.....just being your friend (and not residing in the same house) I would weigh 500 pounds!

    By the way....we talk about funny Ken stories too but they usually involve creeping in people's windows and pulling pranks on people in the bathroom. =) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Sheila, just finally getting to making the muffins and my daughter Hannah (the one home sick) helped me make them and they just came out of the oven and we put the glaze on them and ate them warm. The words out of her mouth were, "pure heaven, they are moist and I think orangy, I wish my tasters worked better!" Very cute for a 7 year old! She must be feeling better. Thanks for the kind words.

    They are so good. We both thought the naked oranges were so funny and felt so strange. Thanks for inspiring me to cook more. Even more than P-Dub was already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My I am off to bake some muffins..mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. The post above is from my mother...I will show her the ropes this weekend when I see her...silly mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Bed Bath & Beyond!

    love_my_dodge@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I haven't been on in a while and now I find all these scrumptious recipes! The Chicken Spaghetti looks interesting and these muffins sound delish! Looks like I've got more baking and cooking to do! Love to try new things. Thanks for cooking through her cookbook Sheila!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMMM! I love messy kitchens when the end result in yummy treats. I've been drooling over P-Dub's cookbook since it came out. My friend let me sniff the pages of her copy :) I want to try those "sinnamon" rolls...maybe on a day that I've gone on a very long run!

    P.S. I found your blog through a link on P-Dubs page on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jess, hoping you win your very own copy of P-Dubs book! FROM ME! thanks for reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I have to apololgize for the miss print, I put 1 cup flour instead of 1 cup buttermilk....YIKES so sorry...Ree would have never ever done such a silly thing....please forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, going to have to make these, looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look fabulous! I am going to have to try them...and then eat one and find someone not dieting to give the rest too LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look amazing!!! Thanks for the opportunity to win Ree's book. kdynes415@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete