"Man, I can't believe she just stripped us naked and left us sitting here." "I know this is pretty humiliating!"
These muffins were so yummy, and amazing, I just can't keep them from you. They are from The Pioneer Woman's cookbook....of course. And they are super easy. The hardest part was stripping those little orange guys up there.
Marmalade Muffins:compliments of Ree Drummond a.k.a P-Dub
2 sticks of butter softened
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. preheat oven to 375
2. begin by grating the zest from the oranges
3. cream the butter and sugar together
4. add eggs to the sugar butter mixture
5. add flour ***do not over mix at this point, mix just until ingredients are combined
6. in a small cup or bowl, combine the buttermilk and baking soda
7. add milk/soda mixture to the batter
8. fold in the orange zest
9. grease muffin tins, not mini, but not huge, just your normal sized muffin tins(I used PAM, she's my friend)
10. fill 2/3 full with batter
11. bake for 12-17 minutes
GLAZE! DO NOT FORGET the GLAZE!
12. now juice the pour little naked oranges, and mix in the cup of
brown sugar with the juice,(it will make them happy). P-Dub says "don't worry about the sugar dissolving in the juice completely. You want the glaze to be grainy and textured."
13. as soon as you take the muffins out of the oven drizzle the glaze generously all over the top.
These things should be outlawed!
If you don't want your kitchen to look like this, then I would advise not baking "sinnamon" rolls, marmalade muffins, and monster cookies all in one afternoon!
Remember there IS a give away going on.....so if you want to win a signed copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook, by Ree Drummond, post a comment and include your full name!